The selection of automatic moulding machine should be based on comprehensive consideration of many factors, such as:
(1) Casting accuracy: When castings with high dimensional accuracy and high surface roughness requirements occur, a molding method with high sand mold compactness should be selected.
(2) Casting material: different casting materials have different requirements for sand mold stiffness. Generally, cast steel and cast iron require higher requirements than non-ferrous alloys, and ductile iron is higher than gray iron and malleable cast iron. For materials that require high sand mold stiffness, a molding method with high sand mold compactness should be selected.
(3) Mold structure: For example, when the casting has narrow grooves, high hanging sand, dense vent holes, etc., a molding method with high mold-drawing accuracy and uniform sand mold compactness should be selected.
(4) Casting output, batch size and variety: Castings with large output, large batches and single varieties should use high-efficiency or special molding equipment; small-batch and multi-variety castings should use molding equipment with flexible technology and convenient production organization. Single piece production is suitable for manual molding.
(5) Casting shape, size and weight: When conditions permit, castings with similar shapes, small differences in size and weight should use the same molding machine. This is especially true when the sand box needs to be equipped with box belts to facilitate the unification of the sand box.
(6) Requirements for molding sand: When arranging multiple sets of molding machines on the same production line, the requirements for unified molding sand should be considered as much as possible to select the molding machine.
(7) Configuration equipment of the modeling workshop: This is particularly important when the old workshop is renovated. It must be combined with the original workshop conditions, the production capacity of other supporting equipment (such as furnaces, sand treatment, etc.), technological level, transportation conditions, technological processes, etc. Analyze with the viewpoint of system engineering to determine which moulding machine is most suitable to bring out the great benefit of investment.
(8) Tooling conditions: The dimensional accuracy and surface roughness level of the pattern should match the selected molding machine.
(9) Preferentially select modeling equipment that can meet environmental protection, industrial hygiene and labor safety.
(10) The high-efficiency molding machine should use the matching molding production line and cannot be used alone.
Post time: Sep-17-2020